3+1 Poultry Science Transfer Degree - Arkansas State
A-State UAF 3+1 Poultry Science Transfer Degree Program is available to A-State seniors from the Center of Excellence for Poultry Science, a unit of the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture and the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
What is 3+1?
The A-State University of Arkansas 3+1 Poultry Science Transfer Degree Program is a Transfer Bachelor’s Degree program wherein the first three (3) years of study will be completed at A-State, and the final year of study will be completed at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville (UAF). Students participating in the program will be undergraduate students registered at A-State majoring in Animal Science. Completion of the program will require 34 hours of poultry science credit.
How do I get started?
A. Any A-State student seeking to participate in the A-StateUAF 3+1 Poultry Science
Transfer Degree program must submit a letter of intent to complete that student’s
senior year at UAF with supporting documents to the Dean of the A-State CoAT by December
1st of the junior year.
The letter and supporting documentation should include:
- a personal statement of interest in poultry science as a career choice;
- a summary of related work experiences. However, work experience is not a prerequisite for eligibility in the A-State UAF 3+1 Poultry Science Transfer Degree program;
- a copy of the student’s current official A-state transcript;
- a tentative schedule of courses for the spring semester at A-State;
- a letter of recommendation from an Animal Science faculty member of A-State. The A-state student should complete an admission application to UAF as a degree-seeking student by January of his or her junior year, as admission into the 3+1 program is contingent upon being admitted to UAF. Students may apply online at www.uark.edu. Submission of the UAF application will be followed by an interview in with the Selection Committees at A-State and UAF in February. Students will be notified of admission to the 3+1 program by the A-StateUAF 3+1 Poultry Science Selection Committee by March 1. By the end of the student’s junior year and before beginning course work at UAF, the student must meet the following requirements:
- a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75/4.0 OR a 3.0/4.0 GPA on the last thirty (30) hours of coursework at A-State;
- successfully complete all the prerequisite freshman, sophomore and junior courses with a grade of C or better;
- submit a copy of the final official A-State transcript to the UAF Admissions Office.
University of Arkansas
Arkansas State University