The Center of Excellence for Poultry Science consists of:
- the Poultry Science Department
- the Cooperative Extension Service
- the USDA-ARS
The Poultry Science Department offers Undergraduate, M.S. and Ph.D. programs. Please visit the University's Admissions link to learn more about becoming a student.
With six poultry science departments globally, and an industry in need of talent and future leaders, our graduates with a major in poultry science enjoy 100% job placement opportunities – locally, nationally and internationally.
- 30 faculty in various fields of study
- 5 scientists from USDA-ARS
- associated faculty from several departments on the Fayetteville campus and from other campuses within the State of Arkansas
- 112,000-square-foot office, laboratory and classroom complex located on the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, campus.
- poultry research farm
- pilot processing plant
- feed mill
- poultry health and isolation unit
- commercial style research farm for broilers and broiler breeders.
- departmental cell sorting and characterization center
- Central Analytical Laboratory
Please visit our Facilities page for more information on our state-of-the-art facilities.
For more information about academics in the Department of Poultry Science, please contact:
Mission Statement:The Center of Excellence for Poultry Science shall provide comprehensive programs in research, teaching, and extension dedicated to improving the lives of Arkansans associated with all components of the poultry industry by generating knowledge through research and putting that knowledge to use through education.
The Center of Excellence for Poultry Science shall develop the knowledge and intellectual capacity to meet the specific needs of poultry production/ processing/ marketing firms to help them remain competitive in a global economy. The CEPS shall meet the needs of society regarding issues such as food safety and security, human nutrition, animal health and well-being, and environmental stewardship.