3 + 1 Transfer Degree Program University of Arkansas Pine Bluff
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) University of Arkansas 3+1 Poultry Science Transfer Degree Program is a Transfer Bachelor’s Degree program wherein the first three (3) years of study will be completed at UAPB, and the final year of study will be completed at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville (UAF). Students participating in the program will be undergraduate students registered at UAPB majoring in Animal Science. Completion of the program will require 30 hours of Poultry Science credit.
How do I get started?
Any student seeking to participate should follow the curriculum for the Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Sciences ( 3 + 1 Poultry Science Option). During the junior year, the student must submit a letter of intent to complete the senior year at UAF with supporting documents to the Chair, UAPB Dept. of Agriculture, by Dec. 1st of the junior year. The letter and supporting documentation should include:
- a personal statement of interest in Poultry Science as a career choice;
- a summary of related work experiences. However, work experience is not a prerequisite for eligibility in the 3+1 program;
- a copy of the student’s current official UAPB transcript;
- a tentative schedule of courses for the spring semester at UAPB;
- a letter of recommendation from a faculty member at UAPB.
The UAPB student should complete an admission application to the U of A by December of his or her junior year. Students may apply online at www.uark.edu (as a degree seeking undergraduate).
Submission of the U of A application will be followed by an interview with the Selection Committees at UAPB and U of A in February.
Students will be notified of admission to the 3+1 program by the UAPB Selection Committee by March 1.
By the end of the student’s junior year and before beginning course work at UA, the student must meet the following requirements:
- a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75;
- successfully complete all the prerequisite freshman, sophomore and junior courses with a grade of C or better;
- complete the English Proficiency Exam and CAAP/Rising Junior Exam;
- submit a copy of the final official UAPB transcript to the UA Admissions Office.
University of Arkansas contact: Gary Davis, 479-409-9023, email@example.com
University of Arkansas Pine Bluff contact: Dr. Jayant Lohakare, 870-575-8540, firstname.lastname@example.org